One of the most loved versions of a dive watch from Seiko. Whether you want it for semi-professional diving, casual / business wear or both, this watch is definitely the go-to model. Take it away!
- Quality, stylish and durable stainless steel case and band
- One of the best price/quality ratios on a dive watch
- Easy to swap straps
- Long lasting illumination
- Pretty poor brightness
One can never go wrong with a SEIKO! Excellent quality, beautiful design, and functional are just a few words that come to mind about this particular watch. I love the fact that it’s solar powered.Magnum, Amazon customer
Watch is very attractive and very well made. Lume is bright, markers line up, typical Seiko Prospex quality.Amazon customer
Similar Models on Amazon:
At Seiko, they are famous for their well-crafted timepieces which come at an unbeatable price. This is also the case with the Seiko SSC017 which offers some of the best features on the market in a stylish casing with many things to love it for.
If you ever had diving watches before, you may know that divers bezels do not really work as expected in some cases, as long as we’re not speaking about a Breitling or Rolex, etc. However with the Seiko SSC017 things turn out to be really pleasant. The bezel runs very smooth and stays exactly where you set it, and on top of that, it is also unidirectional. That is a nice thing considering a lot of dive watches that are more expensive seem to have issues on this matter.
Speaking of looks and design, it features a top quality stainless steel bracelet with a secure locking system based on two clasps, a tough case that looks and feels surprisingly well on the hand even when worn with a wetsuit. On the top, it features a Hardlex Crystal window that is both scratch and shock resistant.
Since this is a solar powered watch you do not have to worry about swapping batteries or any of that stuff. Just fully charge it once from the sun and you get 6 months of working time until the next recharge. Another sweet feature is the Chronograph which surprisingly has 1/5 increments and is very reliable especially for divers who do not accept compromises.
As mentioned before the feel on the hand is quite remarkable and it will fit most wrists, however, the watch is quite big and for people with small wrists, it might create some inconveniences. The bold look will fit most major clothing types although I would not recommend it for sporty clothing; also, the stainless steel offers a good impression on most occasions. Your friends and business partners will envy you when you will tell them that you paid so little for a watch that is so classy and practical.
Finally, the Seiko SSC017 remains an impressive dive watch for everyone looking for an affordable alternative which adds class and style to everyday activities. What are a number of features written on a paper without a good design? Luckily enough the Seiko SSC017 includes them both. I don’t think there is any doubt whether one should buy this watch or not based on specifications, rather if he is prepared to stay in line with the added status that it brings to the table.
- 200 meter / 660 feet water resistance
- High-quality stainless steel bracelet and case
- Unidirectional timing bezel
- Solar powered
- Chronograph with split time
- Date window
- Works 6 months after one full solar charge
- Clasp with double locking system for added security
Seiko SSC017 Solar Diver
Seiko Men's SSC017 Prospex Solar Stainless Steel Dive Watch
$189.99 out of stock
3 used from $170.99
- Solar-power bracelet watch with black dial featuring luminous hands and markers and three chronograph subdials,
- 43 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Stainless steel bracelet with fold-over clasp and double-push-button safety
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving.
Seiko Men's SSC015P1 Chronograph Solar Power Stainless Steel Watch
$212.93 out of stock
- Solar-powered dive watch with numbered unidirectional bezel, crown with red stripe, and black dial with three chronograph subdials
- 43 mm stainless steel case with hardlex dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Stainless steel band and deployment push-button clasp with buckle
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving
Seiko Men's SSC309 Stainless Steel Watch with Brown Leather Band
$289.00 out of stock
- Solar-powered watch featuring stainless steel gear-edge bezel and black dial with date window and three subdials
- 44.5 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Leather calfskin band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft)