The ProTrek line from Casio is famous for the affordable yet very practical feature-packed watches that deliver quality and toughness in an attractive case.
- Great looks
- Advanced features for outdoor activities
- One of the best price / quality ratios on an outdoors watch
- The display is hard to read in dark situations
Great watch for the price. Saw the same watch and a different store for almost twice as much. Would definitely recommend to anybody that likes to go outdoors and hiking so on and so forth.Amazon customer
I am glad that I purchased this watch. It is beautiful and easy to use.Jae, Amazon customer
Similar Models on Amazon:
The ProTrek PRW 3500Y-1CR is basically the same model as the PRW 3500 but with a different color scheme. There are no differences between the two other than the colors and the display which in the case of the one we review, the PRW 3500Y, is negative.
Many people noticed that the display on this watch is similar to the one on the PRG 270-4. Yes, they are quite similar but the numbers and indicators on the PRW-3500Y are noticeably bigger and the display also looks sharper. On top of that, the PRG 270 also lacks many of those sweet features like the Multiband 6 system and much more.
Below you can see the PRW 3500Y next to a PRG 270-4.
All sensors are very precise and deliver the expected results in most situations. The famous Triple Sensor is basically a commercial term that describes the compass, thermometer/barometer, and altimeter. With the compass, you can guide yourself through unknown environments. Simply press the upper right configuration button and the small three indicators show up that indicate north. Now simply switch the bezel to the cardinal point you wish to go to.
The altimeter is a nice sensor that makes accurate readings of the altitude you are at based on a reference point initially set by you. You can set this reference point in a place where you are sure of the altitude, like near a special panel placed by the local authorities. After that, wherever you go you can rely on the altimeter that it will tell you the exact altitude.
While this watch has few to no flaws, the display is one thing that bugs me. While it is already too small compared to the rest of the case, the negative display makes things worse when it comes to readability in low light. This is definitely a perfectible display.
If you prefer the negative display black version of the rampantly famous PRW 3500 that comes with some of the best features on the outdoor watch market, then the PRW 3500Y might just be a smart choice.
- 200 meter / 660 feet water resistance
- World Time with 31 different time zones
- Multi band 6 radio wave receptor for accurate time
- Triple sensor with Altimeter, Thermometer, and Compass
- Countdown Timer
- Sunrise and Sunset Display
- Solar Charging System
- Mineral Crystal Window
- Stainless steel bezel and back / resin band
- Auto Calendar
- 5 Daily Alarms
- Negative Display
- 89 grams, 56.9 X 53.4 X 14.5 mm
Casio protrek prw-3500y-1 with triple sensor demo
Casio protrek prw-3500y-1 with triple sensor demo.
Casio Protrek PRW-3500Y-1
Casio Protrek PRW-3500Y-1.
Casio Men's PRW-3500Y-1CR Pro Trek Quartz Solar Atomic Digital Display Black Watch
$208.00 out of stock
1 used from $197.60
- Solar-powered digital watch fully equipped with rotating bezel, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, 48-city world time, four alarms with snooze, stopwatch, 24-hour countdown, and 12/24-hour display
- 56.9 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display
- Resin band with fold-over push-button clasp and safety closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving
CASIO PROTREK MULTI FIELD LINE World multiband 6 Solar PRW-3500Y-1JF Men's
1 used from $267.50
- Brand, Seller, or Collection Name Casio
- Model number PRW-3500Y-1JF Part Number PRW-3500Y-1JF
- Model Year 2015
- Case diameter 5.3 centimeters Case Thickness 14.8 millimeters
- Item weight 3.20 Ounces
Casio Men's PRW-3500-1CR Atomic Resin Digital Watch
$183.99 out of stock
4 used from $171.11
- Solar-powered sport watch featuring stainless steel rotating bezel and digital dial with day/date display
- Features Tough Solar Power, Triple Sensor Version 3, multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping, low-temperature resistance, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, sunrise and sunset data, world time, backlight with after-glow, four daily alarms with snooze, 1/10-second stopwatch, countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, and power-saving function
- 56 mm resin case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display and Buckle closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft)