Great looking ProTrek watch with positive display and lots of features, made for the true outdoor enthusiasts!
- One of the best outdoor watches for the price
- Plenty of features
- Tough construction
- Small display compared to the rest of the case
Great timepiece. Traveled overseas with it and it was great.Scott Custer, Amazon customer
Really pleased with this watch. Been a Casio guy for years but this is the best one I have ever owned.Jeff, Amazon customer
Similar Models on Amazon:
The new Pro Trek PRW 3500 is an improved version of the PRW-3000. It comes with improved features, it keeps the ones that were already good and it comes with a brand new design that keeps the essentials parts which made the ProTrek line famous.
First off you can see that the display is not so significant in size when compared to the rest of the case. However, this can be both a good or a bad thing. While I would have preferred a larger display for better readability at the same time, a larger display would have meant an easier to shatter window.
As you can see in the image below the illumination uses an LED backlight that works very well and has a light blue tone.
The Triple Sensor is basically a commercial name for these three sensors: the altimeter, the compass, and thermometer. Using the compass is a very intuitive process. The three bars on the display indicate north and they work together with the rotating bezel. Spin the bezel until the cardinal point you wish to go to reaches the small indicator at the top of the display. Then the degrees change as you move.
Due to the Multiband 6 radio wave receptor, you can now forget about imprecise time since the watch will automatically calibrate through radio frequencies. This only applies to customers living near one of the six transmission channels Casio built around the globe. Generally speaking, these stations cover most of North America, Europe, China, Japan, and Korea. So if you live in either of these territories the time on your Casio ProTrek PRW 3500 will automatically calibrate.
The feel on the wrist is quite awesome. The watch is neither too big, neither too heavy nor too small. It has very good proportions and you will get used to it in no time. While the standard resin band is comfortable enough you can easily swap it.
The 660 feet water resistance is definitely a thing to consider since this design characteristic allows you to make serious depth diving with the watch on your wrist. To mention some of the basic features, the alarms are loud enough for most situations, the stopwatch and countdown timer are standard and work as expected, and the solar charging system assures that you will never run out of battery.
As a final note, the ProTrek PRW 3500 is not impressive just for the number of features it incorporates. The design, the feel on the hand and the experience it delivers, all contribute to making it an outdoors watch at its best. And for the price, it is currently one of the best outdoor watches on the market; definitely a great choice.
- 200 m / 660 ft. water resistance
- Multiband Radio Wave Time Calibration
- Triple Sensor (Compass, Thermometer, Altimeter)
- World time with 31 time zones
- 1/10 stopwatch
- Countdown Timer
- Self-Solar Charging
- Mineral Crystal Window
- Stainless steel bezel and case back, resin band
- LED Backlight
- Sunrise and Sunset display
- Auto Calendar and 5 daily alarms
The Best Outdoor Watch - Casio Pro-Trek PRW 3500
Hello Everybody today I am doing a review of what I think is the best outdoor watch for all types of activities. After watching the video and if you seem interested ...
Casio Men's PRW-3500-1CR Atomic Resin Digital Watch
$183.99 out of stock
4 used from $171.11
- Solar-powered sport watch featuring stainless steel rotating bezel and digital dial with day/date display
- Features Tough Solar Power, Triple Sensor Version 3, multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping, low-temperature resistance, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, sunrise and sunset data, world time, backlight with after-glow, four daily alarms with snooze, 1/10-second stopwatch, countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, and power-saving function
- 56 mm resin case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display and Buckle closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft)
CASIO PROTREK MULTI FIELD LINE 6 Solar PRW-3500-1JF Men's
$212.32 out of stock
- Model number PRW-3500-1JF Part Number PRW-3500-1JF
- Model Year 2015
- Case diameter 5.3 centimeters
- Case Thickness 14.5 millimeters
- Item weight 3.20 Ounces
Casio Men's PRW-2500T-7CR Pro Trek Tough Solar Digital Sport Watch
$251.78 out of stock
5 used from $234.16
- Tough Solar Power, Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping, 200M Water Resistant, Duplex LC Display, Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time), Moon Data (moon age of the specific date and moon phase graph), Digital Compass, Altimeter, Altimeter Memeory, Barometer, Thermometer
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow, 5 Independent Daily alarms, Hourly time signal, World Time, 1/100 second stopwatch, Countdown Timer, Battery level indicator, Power saving function, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099), 12/24 hour formats, Button operation tone on/off, Storage Battery: Solar rechargeable battery, Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light), 23 months on full charge with Power Saving Function (without further exposure to light), Module: 3258