Coming with an impressive design and high-quality materials, the Suunto Traverse is here to deliver great results for runners, hunters, outdoor fanatics and everyone who often finds himself in unknown environments
- Accurate GPS
- Good Quality Display
- Great Ergonomics
- Poor Battery Life
Similar Watches on Amazon:
Suunto is a famous Finnish company focused on constant innovation for sports watches and other instruments used by adventurers all over the world. Conquering new territory feels better if you’ve got a trusty companion with you and the Suunto Traverse watch seems to fit that description well.
There’s no doubt that the watch looks really elegant but that’s just the appearance. This device was made to be taken in the wild and that seems obvious by the robust design and the solid construction. The case is built from composite materials and the polished silver ring that serves as a bezel should ward off any scratches. Despite the complexity of the functions it has, the Traverse is light as a feather and very comfortable thanks to the silicone band.
Moving on under the hood of the watch you can discover an overwhelming amount of handy features. Indispensable sensors for any explorer like a digital compass, barometer, thermometer and altimeter are present but the main highlight of the watch is the GPS navigation system. Although it consumes quite a bit of battery power, the GPS is extremely accurate working flawlessly for any calculated traveler. Using a special app called Movescount you can plan your routes on a PC before your expedition and then simply synchronize it with the watch. With the built-in Bluetooth adapter, the Traverse can easily connect to your smartphone allowing for notifications to be displayed on the watch.
The device can operate in five different configurable sport modes. Depending on the situation you can receive relevant data and even show an in-depth analysis after a workout in the Movescount app. The altimeter works in a smart way together with the barometer switching automatically in case of an altitude change. In barometer mode, the watch records the barometric pressure and has a weather trend indicator and a storm alarm which give you some basic knowledge to be able to try to predict the weather. The only possible drawback that you can encounter is the poor battery life. If used intensely you can’t really expect more than 10-12 hours of battery life at best. The good news is that the battery can be recharged very fast through a USB cable.
Overall the Suunto Traverse is loaded with powerful features and stands its ground on any terrain with sturdy and fierce determination. If you’re an avid outdoors adventurer you will love this watch and for this price, it’s a fantastic watch.
- GPS and GLONASS navigation system
- Speed, distance and altitude tracking
- Real-time breadcrumb view of the recorded track
- Route planning
- Steps and calories tracking
- Weather trend and storm alarm
- Smartwatch capabilities
- 100 m/330 ft Water resistance
- Rechargeable battery
Suunto Traverse - Quick Review
Suunto Traverse Graphite
- Upload routes to your watch, and you're ready to explore new terrains with the help of GPS and glonass Satellite navigation systems
- Follow your Progress with distance and altitude statistics, save points of interest and re trace your steps using the breadcrumb trail
- Barometric Trend helps predict weather changes, and storm alarm alerts you when it's time to find shelter
- Sunrise and sunset times keep you informed of the Available daylight hours. Up to 100 hours battery life
- Stay up to date with GPS timekeeping, incoming calls, texts and push notifications from your Smartphone to your watch. Silicone Strap
Suunto Traverse Alpha GPS Watch - Foliage
- Features a rugged, knurled stainless steel bezel, durable water repellent nylon strap, and a premium scratch resistant sapphire crystal glass
- Suunto's automatic shot detection technology keeps track of when and where you shoot, mapping the GPS coordinates of your location for later viewing
- Gps tracks your path, helping you find your way back using the automatic breadcrumb trail,Compatible with Suunto Movescount App (iOS and Android)
- Location based moon Phase calendar with moon rise and moon set times helps you determine the best hunting and fishing times. Operating temperature 20° C to +60° C / 5° F to +140° F. Measurements-1.97 x 1.97 x 0.59 inches
- Suunto Traverse Alpha watches are handmade in Finland. Battery type rechargeable lithium ion. Battery life In time mode 14 days. Training mode with GPS 10, 15, 100 h
Suunto Core Brushed Steel
3 used from $188.85
- Suunto Core: This classic outdoor sports watch is packed with intelligent features like a Storm Alarm, Altimeter, Barometer and compass to keep you informed of conditions while you hike, bike, or camp
- Essential for Adventure: This watch has dual times, a date display, and alarm, plus predicted times for sunrise and sunset to help maximize your daylight hours and a depth meter accurate up to 30 feet
- Premium Model: This brushed steel model of the Suunto Core has a rigid stainless steel watch case and sapphire crystal glass for added durability
- Adventure Starts Here: Combining Scandinavian design with ultra durable materials, Suunto watches can be relied on even in the most extreme conditions
- Authentic Heritage: Founded in 1936, Suunto brings over 80 years of high quality heritage craftsmanship, relentless accuracy, and pioneering innovation to our watches, compasses, and dive products