Treat yourself with a top ProTrek with plenty of features and a nice look.
- Great design
- Awesome analog-digital display
- Quite big and bulky, similar to a G-Shock
This is a beautiful watch. Green accent looks amazing.Amazon customer
If you need precision instrumentation, this watch won’t suit you. But if you want reasonably accurate numbers and a gorgeous watch, don’t hesitate to buy it.Gunnar Ogden, Amazon customer
Other watches on Amazon:
With the ProTrek PRW 6000Y, Casio introduced the concept of a lightweight, carbon fiber outdoors watch for the picky customer. The 6000Y is packed with everything from the famous triple sensor to the small things like a countdown timer or a stopwatch. Besides being a fully featured watch, the design is also one of the strong points. It rocks an analog-digital display with a double LED light for added readability in any conditions.
The carbon fiber inserted band is no joke when it comes to the overall weight of the watch. Compared to other ProTreks the PRW 6000Y comes at a weight of 73 g which distributes to a large footprint, thus making it feel incredibly lightweight. This is not to say, however, that the size of the watch will go unnoticed. You will actually have to wear it for a period of time before you get used to its size.
As said in the beginning, the design is great and the dial is clean. The hour markers and index hands feature a bright paint for dark environments plus the LED backlights which make things brighter when the environment requires it.
The triple sensor incorporates an altimeter / barometer, a compass, and a thermometer. While it is hard to state that these sensors are accurate, at least, they offer estimative values. For example, the thermometer is almost certainly unreliable when you wear the watch due to the heat from your hand. The altimeter or barometer while useful to make estimates of the altitude you are at a certain moment, or the pressure, they cannot be used in professional tasks. The compass, however, is pretty accurate. This is not to say that the triple sensor is not useful, but you need to be aware that these features won’t represent replacements for professional tools; just like the pliers or screwdrivers from a multi-tool. It is nice to wear a multi-tool for fast fixes but on the long term, you will most certainly have to use dedicated tools.
There are dedicated buttons for the main features which make configuration easier and faster, and the crown is easy to use. Other than that the band with carbon fiber insertion fits well on the wrist no matter if it comes in contact with water or rubber materials like a wetsuit. That is especially helpful for divers and others who frequently come in contact with water.
In order to draw a conclusion, the ProTrek PRW 6000Y is a great pick for those looking for a top of the line ProTrek which comes with most of the great features available at the moment in this price range. Consider this watch if you are looking for a lightweight outdoors watch that will last for years.
Check out our reviews on various ProTreks by clicking on their names or searching them from the home page: PRW2500, the newly released PRX-8000, the old design PAW1500, the PRW3500, the negative display PRW3500Y, the PRW3000 or the great looking PAG240. Best ABC watch
- Triple Sensor (altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer)
- Resin case and band with a stainless steel bezel and carbon insertion
- 100-meter / 330 ft. water resistance
- Mineral glass window
- Solar charging
- World Time with 29 time zones
- 1/100 second stopwatch
- Countdown Timer
- Multi-band radio calibration system
- Double LED light, one for the display and one for the analog hands
Casio Protrek PRW 6000Y 1A
Casio Protrek PRW 6000Y 1A visit www.casio-indonesia.com.
Casio Men's PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek Black Analog-Digital Sport Watch
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping, Tough Solar Power, Smart Access, Tough Movement, Auto hand home position correction
- 100M WR, Low Temperature Resistant, Altimeter, Digital Compass, Barometer, Thermometer, World Time,5 Daily Alarms
- Hourly Time Signal,12/24 Hour Formats, Solar Rechargeable Battery, Power Saving Function, Approx. Battery Life: 6 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
- Casio Men's PRW-6000-1 Pro Trek Analog-Digital Display Quartz Black Watch
CASIO PROTREK triple sensor Ver.3 PRW-6000Y-1JF
- The double LED right field (letter board + liquid crystal part: at full Autolite, afterglow function, afterglow time for reshuffling (1.5 seconds with /3 second))
- Five of them, the time signal
- When a given period of time passes in dark place, we delete display and turn off needle and save electricity.
- Set unit: Set maximum for one minute: For 60 minutes, we measure by unit for one second