Do you want a watch that combines class and quality with toughness and solidity? Then you might have just come across the perfect Casio watch
- High-quality materials
- Sleek design
- Good value for the money
- The small inscriptions on the sides are not magnified as expected by the dial window, thus making them pretty hard to read.
Similar Models on Amazon:
Casio Men’s EQS500DB-1A1 Edifice Tough Solar Stainless Steel Multi-Function Watch with Link Bracelet
Casio – Edifice – Bluetooth Mobile Link Function Watch – EQB500D-1A – Analog, World Time, Solar Powered
This watch looks complicated at first and tends to make some buyers feel overwhelmed mainly by all those fancy small inscriptions on the sides and the indicators in the background which create a contrast with the sleek stainless steel case and bracelet. However, I believe it is a piece of very impressive design that looks a bit futuristic and professional at the same time without making a cut on the features side. And you will see why in the next photos / description.
Japanese design and American manufacturing: the expertise is top notch. If you are one of those people who travel a lot this is the watch for you. It is efficient and very practical, especially for a business man: it holds 29 time zones (29 cities + UTC) that can help you easily make a transition to a new city or state, it has a beeper alarm, it saves energy with the power saving function and, of course, the solar energy rechargeable battery they’ve been raving about makes the hassle of replacing batteries a thing of the past. Do make sure you take your time to completely configure all of its settings based on the user’s manual that you will find in the box because otherwise, you’ll end up not using it at its highest strength. This is something that takes some time if you are not accustomed to configuring Casio watches in general, but in the end, you will not have to touch the configuration screw down crowns again.
If you care more about the physical characteristics of watches, I can guarantee this one has you covered: 45.8mm stainless steel case and dial window made out of mineral glass. This makes it water resistant up to 100 meters/ 330 feet which is the minimum ISO standard (ISO 6425) for scuba diving, however not suitable for deep saturation diving. It is also very resistant to scratches due to the mineral crystal window. I think that at this price Casio could have taken it to the next level by including a sapphire crystal window which is, depending on the thickness, a better overall choice when it comes to shock resistance.
These qualities along with many others can make this watch the best buy for people who are willing to spend a larger amount of money to get better quality and the best semblance there really is.
Now let’s speak of the least pleasant part of this watch which I consider to be the illumination. It really is not something to be praised about since it uses a low-intensity glowing paint on the index hands and the hour markings. In general, it will only represent a small help when you find yourself in dark environments and that’s pretty much it. Other than that, the multifunction background indexes do not feature any kind of luminous paint, so they won’t be visible at all.
To sum it up, with the Edifice line Casio has been working a lot to deliver a tough watch line that combines the beauty of a sleek and quality design and the features of a professional watch. If you think the qualities of the Casio Edifice EQS500DB are what you are looking for, then hop off the fence and make the purchase. You will surely be delighted with your choice.
- Highly resistant to scratches (mineral crystal window)
- Water resistant up to 100 m/330 feet
- World time which includes 29 different time zones
- Self-solar energy recharging
- Power saving function
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- 1/100 second chronograph
- Full auto-calendar
- 164 g weight (quite a heavy watch) and dimensions of0 x 45.8 x 12.3mm
Casio Edifice EQS-500DB-1A1ER Unboxing + Overview
I bought this watch as a more appropriate accompaniment for perhaps a formal event. I have been pretty pleased with it overall.
Casio Men's EQS500DB-1A1 Edifice Tough Solar Stainless Steel Multi-Function Watch with Link Bracelet
$152.87 out of stock
4 used from $137.58
- Tough Solar Power (5 months on full charge without further exposure to light), 100M Water Resistant, World Time, 29 times zones (29 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off, Beeper alarm
- 1/100 second chronograph, Day & Date Display, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099), 12/24 hour formats, Storage battery: Solar rechargeable battery, Power saving function, Low battery warning, Module: 5123
- Tough Solar Power (5 months on full charge without further exposure to light)
- 100M Water Resistant, World Time, 29 times zones (29 cities + UTC)
- 1/100 second chronograph, Day & Date Display, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
Casio - Edifice - Bluetooth Mobile Link Function Watch - EQB500D-1A - Analog, World Time, Solar Powered
$245.00 out of stock
Casio - Edifice - Stainless Steel Smartphone Link Dual World Time Watch - ECB-500D-1A
$201.16 out of stock