With solid construction and tide and moon graph, the GW7900B is a favorite with sailors, marines and Navy people.
- Great stealthy looks with a simplified layout.
- High-quality materials and lots of features.
- Low price for what it has to offer.
- Some users complain that the tide graph isn’t that precise and the display is slightly hard to read when it is really dark outside.
- 1 Similar Models on Amazon:
- 1.1 Casio Men’s GW7900B-1 G-Shock Black Solar Sport Watch
- 1.2 Casio GW-7900-1ER Mens G-Shock Tough Solar Digital Watch
- 1.3 Casio Men’s Gw7900cd-9 G-shock Rescue Digital Sport Watch Limited Edition Automic Solar Power Yellow Color Rare Watch Gw7900cd-9
- 1.4 Casio G-Shock GW-7900RD-4ER Mens Watch
- 1.5 GW7900B-1 G-Rescue Black - Casio G-Shock Watch Review - Atomic Solar Military Stealth
- 1.6 G Shock GW7900b 1 Unboxing
- 2 Check out these Amazon offers:
Similar Models on Amazon:
Casio Men’s Gw7900cd-9 G-shock Rescue Digital Sport Watch Limited Edition Automic Solar Power Yellow Color Rare Watch Gw7900cd-9
Straight off the G-Rescue Series, the well-known GW7900B-1 G-Shock Black Solar Sports Watch comes at a great value for the money with many features and a stealthy negative display that is suitable for all sorts of activities that require an added sobriety.
Although considerably bigger than other regular watches, when compared to other G-Shocks with circular windows, this watch is somewhat smaller and more lightweight at 50 mm in diameter, 16 mm thickness, and only 71 grams.
Of course, you won’t see any of those fancy sensors from more expensive G-Shocks, mainly because of the lower price but also, because this watch was designed for a different category of users. It mainly fits the needs of less geeky and picky customers like sailors, industrial workers, and even soldiers/Navy SEALS. Actually, this is one of the most appreciated watches among army men. You will see that wherever you look for thoughts and reviews about it, lots of soldiers will be telling how the watch behaved during their deployments to Afghanistan and other war zones. Mainly due to its stealthy design, simplicity and reliability, this was an obvious choice many of the ones fighting for our country did.
What Casio managed to do very well on this watch is the fit on the wrist and general feel. It has some rubber wings attached to the band that may seem weird on the first look but actually are very useful for the grip of the watch. Due to these wings, the watch will not slip off the wrist even when water or oil is involved. On a boat or a ship, fuel spill can be quite frequent, but luckily, this watch will not be a concern on this matter.
The negative display is very decent and is backed by an LED backlight for illumination that has the panels fragmented in three different windows each with a specific functionality. On the sides, Casio chose to use the ordinary four buttons for reset, countdown timer start/stop, mode and adjust that are easy to operate and anyone who owned a G-Shock in the past knows very well. On top of that, it is also solar powered so you won’t bother changing batteries.
To wrap things up, this is a great watch for everyone who wants simplicity, good/stealthy looks, shock resistance and quality materials without spending a small fortune.
Finally, you might want to check out our selection of Best G-Shock watches by clicking here.
- Mud, shock and water resistance of up to 660 feet or 200 meters
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
- Moon data from the Moon Graph and a Tide Graph for sailors, lifeguards and others
- Countdown timer, 4 daily alarms, and 1/100 second stopwatch
- Time calibration through radio signals
- Solar powered
- Power saving feature and battery saving indicator
- 12/24 hours format
GW7900B-1 G-Rescue Black - Casio G-Shock Watch Review - Atomic Solar Military Stealth
This is an in-depth review of the GW7900B-1 Black Casio G-Shock Watch. If you like my channel, please subscribe, comment, rate.
G Shock GW7900b 1 Unboxing
Unboxing of the Gshock GW7900b.