Solid functioning with lots of features for outdoor activities. This is one of the safest purchases you can make, even without a lot of research.
- Highly resistant to all sorts of shocks.
- great value for the money.
- reliable and great looking.
- The solar charging system eliminates the need for swapping batteries.
- The temperature sensor is quite unreliable when wearing the watch. You can only make accurate readings by taking it off.
- 1 Similar Models on Amazon:
- 1.1 Casio Men’s G9300-1 Mudman G-Shock Shock Resistant Multi-Function Sport Watch
- 1.2 Casio Men’s G9000-1V “G-Shock” Digital Sport Watch
- 1.3 Casio G Shock Mudman Solar Black Dial Mens Watch G9300GB-1
- 1.4 G-Shock G-9300 Mudman - One Mean Mudder
- 1.5 Casio G-shock Mudman G-9300-1 VS Casio Rangeman GW-9400RD-4
- 2 Check out these Amazon offers:
Similar Models on Amazon:
If you do not want to spend a little fortune on the new Mudmaster released in 2015, the G9300 G-Shock Mudman is the olden but golden choice. This is one of the most functional watches in the G-Shock line, coming at a great price for what it has to offer.
In a nutshell, it features a thermometer, a moon graph that helps you see when the new moon or full moon is going to occur, one digital compass that indicates the direction where the watch is currently pointing, and the heading in degrees, a solar charging system, a thermometer (reliable only when you’re not wearing the watch), a fairly well done case made of resin that comes with a fully digital display and a mineral window that is scratch resistant.
On the hand, it feels like any other G-Shock because Casio used the regular materials in manufacturing the Mudman. It is neither too small or too big at a case thickness of 5.1 cm and a diameter of 5.3 cm and pretty lightweight at 68.5 grams. I wouldn’t say that it has any special aspects regarding the design or casing other than the symmetrical face and the pleasant look.
The illumination is quite good although it is not possible to keep the backlight on while switching through its modes; not a big thing but something that would have been quite easy to implement.
Other features that I found to be useful are the countdown timer and the alarms that are both easy to set and can eliminate the need for dedicated devices. However, if you want to set these two while in dark environments you will have to spend some time to get the hang of how it’s done. In total, it has four buttons on the sides for different modes. One for the backlight, one for changing the screen’s parameters, one for activating the sensors, and one for searching through the features. Also, the change from the imperial system to the metric and backwards is always possible through one of the buttons.
It’s true, it has some small flaws but overall this is a great companion for everyone who needs a reliable and resistant watch with plenty of sensors without having to spend a fortune for it. Considering that most of the hundreds of reviews on the Mudman are positive on all reputable sites, this can be a great indicator of how others perceive this watch. Generally speaking, if you want to make a safe purchase without having to decide on many aspects the Mudman G9300-1 is one of the best picks.
- Very good and tough construction with a fairly symmetrical face
- Self-powering through solar charging
- Mud, shock, scratch resistant; water resistance of up to 660 feet
- Plenty of features like a moon graph, thermometer, and compass
- Lightweight and easy to operate through the intuitive buttons on the sides.
G-Shock G-9300 Mudman - One Mean Mudder
My thoughts and ramblings on the most excellent G-9300 Mudman. This is a 3rd gen Mudder and they keep getting better if you ask me. This one is one of the ...
Casio G-shock Mudman G-9300-1 VS Casio Rangeman GW-9400RD-4
Casio G-shock Mudman G-9300-1 VS Casio Rangeman GW-9400RD-4.